Hi, I’m Jody Daunton.
A freelance creative director & photographer, specialising in environmental portraiture, travel & lifestyle photography.
My photographic practice focuses on environmental portraiture and visual storytelling for both editorial and commercial clients. I am inspired by those who look to live closer to nature, and my approach to image making looks to capture authentic moments, of real people and their interesting lives.
When I’m not creating content for clients, I am most often found out on assignment exploring and documenting local and foreign lands and cultures for Another Escape.
Current Location: Bristol
Social Media: @jodydaunton
Select Clients & Collaborators:
Visit Faroe Islands
The Do Book Co
St James Place Plc
Sticky Rice Travel
The Evening Standard
Press & Interviews:
The British Journal of Photography:
November Issue 2017
Print Is Dead Long Live Print (Book):
Ruth Jamieson - (Prestel)
- Another Escape featured & interviewed
So You Want to Publish a Magazine (Book): Angharad Lewis (Laurence King Publishing)
- Another Escape Featured & Interviewed
Loupe Photography Magazine:
Talks and Lectures:
- Delivered a lecture for the monthly RAW Print, publishing talk series at Nottingham Trent University.
- Chairing the 'Adventurers for Conservation' segment of Adventure Uncovered's October event. Adventurers for Conservation: Protecting our Pristine Environments through Creative Awareness and Action - 30th October 2017.
The After School Club
- Visiting photographic lecture series at Brighton University.
- Europe's largest independent magazine and publishing festival in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
- Presentation to young volunteers regarding career choice and work as the publisher and creative director of Another Escape Magazine with at the Raleigh Charity Camp in Danum Valley, Borneo.
Campfire Stories Micro-festival
- Campfire Talk - 2018.
- Two Visual Storytelling Workshops - 2019
In 2012, I teamed up with my partner, Rachel Taylor (Co-founder and editor), to create Another Escape, an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living journal that celebrates the stories of passionate people inspired by nature. We look to capture window’s into the worlds of those who share in our values and whom live close to nature and look to protect it.
My role at Another Escape is creative director, where I work alongside Rachel, and our network of international creatives to create and commission immersive stories with an emphasis on strong visual storytelling.
Co-founder and Creative Director, Curio Creative, a content strategy and production agency working with brands and businesses to tell their stories.